Saturday, June 18, 2011

Wtf, subconscious!?!

Okay everyone! So I probably had the weirdest dream ever during my hour and a half nap today and I want to tell everybody about it but I can't so I am gonna put it up here on the blog for all my friends to read, only I am gonna totally write it out in first person view as if it were a narration of a real experience! Hope you all are tripped out as much as I was by it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So there I was. The rear passenger seat of my 1990 Honda Civic. A rather uncommon occurrence for me seeing as it was my car and I essentially always drove it myself. However today I had grown quite weary of driving because my family was on a rather long trip, the destination of which I, to this day, am unable to recall. I simply remember we were driving. Sometimes I get the occasional glimpse of a memory in my mind and I start to follow it as deeply as I can, only to find that it was just a snapshot image in my head of my view out the window of my car, which basically means a lot of pine trees, which I love but which are hardly relevant to any sort of dream, no matter how uneventful. The actual goings-on of the car ride are rather foggy and most likely boring beyond the human realm of understanding, so we will skip ahead to the next relevant and clear memory.

The next thing I can remember clearly was being in the kitchen of our hotel room, which was pretty much more like an apartment. Three bedrooms. A fireplace. A staircase that went somewhere that was so unbelievably black that I can only assume it led to the center of Voldemort's heart. Needless to say I never ventured down that staircase.  Mainly because I was in the kitchen, because that is where the food is and I love food. Also I was filling the sink so my turtle could swim around in it. So, there I was, standing with my mother. We were talking, most likely about perpetual motion or something intelligent like that because in my dreams I am always incredibly smart, in fact there have been times where I have actually learned new facts from myself in my dreams, it is rather interesting. But that is a tale for another day. In the midst of our conversation, my mother glanced out the window and beckoned me to follow suit. I obliged and turned to find four young women about my age walking toward the horizon with loaded super soakers held proudly on their shoulders, seemingly oblivious to the hundreds of children and their parents who were bustling around them during the festivities of the day (apparently we were in town for some sort of festival or fair of some sorts). "There are some cute girls for you, Jacob," she said, with a slight hint of "Go get their phone numbers!" in her tone. "Yeah mister ladies' man" my dad said. I could tell they were mocking me but I didn't care because I know they were just jealous of how much cooler I was than them. I would have feigned lack of interest but I didn't have to because I was really not interested. Two weeks prior I would've jumped at the opportunity to meet new cute girls, but recent events had removed such desires from me. Those of you who associate most closely with me understand why. In order to avoid any more awkward remarks from my parent, i suggested we go take part in the festivities and gestured once again to the window, where the massive throngs of people emanated a highly contagious air of carefree frivolity. My parent hastily agreed. I beat them to the car.

If you ask me why we took the car to get to a fair that was right outside or window, I'll tell you "Because this was a dream, ok!" Either way, we got to the fair. I remember walking past booths of all varieties thinking "gosh I wish I had some money" and that is pretty much all I can remember. At one point this guy handed me a free bag of individually wrapped straws. Probably the most exciting part of the whole fair.  But as the fair was nearing it's close I found an activity that I really wanted to do! It was basically one on one volleyball. Oddly enough the activity was being spearheaded by the four young women whom my mom had so suggestively pointed out earlier. After realizing this, and after looking at the price (an outrageous $40!) , I decided against it. I was about to turn and leave when one of the young women hit a volleyball and it hit me in the shoulder. I figured I'd have some fun with this and I put a really angry look on my face. I must have looked really angry because the girl got the most guilty look on her face I had ever seen. I started walking toward her and she started walking toward me, rather hesitantly I might add. Apparently I can be intimidating. My thoughts drifted down my arm, as I walked, to the three marshmallows that I had in my hand. (the only logical explanation I have for this part of my dream is that we had been researching brown sugar with my family during breakfast today in the real world and we learned that putting marshmallows in with your brown sugar will keep it from clumping.) Soon we came face to face. The girl started to apologize and as she said "I'm so sorr..." I lifted my hand and shoved a marshmallow in her mouth and started to laugh hysterically! After a few seconds of laughter, however, I realized that the girl was in pain and I immediately felt terrible. Apparently while as she had begun to speak she had brought her had up to cover her mouth in embarrassment as she apologized, and my marshmallow shenanigan had caused her to cut her finger on her teeth.  The embarrassment and guilt lasted for a few seconds until somebody started laughing, and we all know how contagious genuine laughter was. Pretty soon we were all laughing, even the young woman whose finger had been lightly lacerated by her incisors! It was a jolly good time! After this the fair ended abruptly and my parents and I clamored into Carl (my Honda Civic) once again and headed back to the hotel, which was more like an apartment. As we drove away I looked back toward the field and thought I caught a glimpse of my favorite female in the world! (you met her in the previous post) She and Denise Stock were assisting in taking down the tables and such for the event. My heart leaped up in excitement and I waved vigorously hoping she would see me! She did! But as she turned to me and waved back I realized it wasn't her and my heart dropped back to it's normal place in my chest. It was one of the four girls my mom had pointed out to me earlier. Way to give the wrong impression Jacob.

So finally after a long day of carnival festivities, we finally returned home to the "hotel". As we pulled up the driveway leading to the parking lot, which was on a hill, I said, "I think it is funny that every time we come here (wherever here was) we always get a hotel..." at this point my mom attempted to fill in my sentence and said, "... that has the best satellite view from Google earth?" I responded that I didn't even look at the Google earth view of our hotel but I did think it was funny that we always get a hotel in the exact same part of town. My mom informed me that one time they had stayed at a hotel that was about six miles up the road but I had been on my mission during that trip. To this all I could manage to respond was "oh". At this point we had parked and we headed up the elevator to our room. As we opened the door I realized that i had forgotten to turn off the sink and we had about a foot and a half of water populating the floor of our entire hotel room. It had even filled all the way down into Voldemort's heart. My parents didn't seem to notice, and somehow the water stayed in place when we opened the door, somewhat like the March Hare's "half cup" of tea in Alice and Wonderland. I took great pleasure at this! I found my turtle and began swimming around with him, something we never get to do otherwise! So for hours we swam together and had some high quality turtle/owner bonding time! Then my brother Jonathan walked in and all of the water  rushed out. Don't ask me why it did that for him and not for us. I immediately reached for my turtle to make sure he was alright and couldn't find him. Instead I found in his place my dog, Max. (somehow in my dream I didn't realize the change but now that i am awake I realize that the idea of my turtle turning into my dog out of water is absolutely absurd) At this point I decided maybe it was time for me to go get my things from the car. Before heading out I poured myself a cup of In n Out pink lemon up (which is in n out pink lemonade mixed with 7up), put a lid on it, grabbed on of my newly acquired individually wrapped straws and headed out the door, accompanied by my brothers, Jonathan and Joshua.

On the way out of the hotel I chose to start singing a song by Silverstein, though I don't remember which song it was, only that it was a Silverstein song. As we exited the hotel I realized that pretty much the entire town lived in the same hotel we were staying at. This made a lot of sense to me because in my entire time so far in town I never saw a single house, just a lot of hotels and a lot of pine trees. As we walked past one car, a boy, who i recognized somehow as the mayor's sons, suddenly started to sing along with me to Silverstein. I became very excited to hear this, as I always do when I meet someone who listens to similar music as myself, because few of my friends do. "Right on, bro!" I said, extending my fist to offer a bump, which he enthusiastically received. Suddenly I was awoken from my "yes somebody I can talk to about music" stupor by my brother Jonathan, who suddenly remarked in a low breathy tone, "Something is off..." I looked over to see that he appeared to look much like a dog who smelled an intruder. The hair on his neck stood on end and  if his ears had been positioned more on the top of his head they would definitely be perked up as if trying to listen for some sign of danger afar off. I followed his gaze and saw a large number of monster trucks, all of which had spring loaded pennant flags which were all laying flat, giving them the appearance of guns that were mounted on the back of these trucks. Before I could say anything, Jonathan jumped into his truck,  also lowering his flag to the horizontal position, and sped off onto the street as if he were preparing himself to protect me in case some really bad shiz went down. I didn't think much of it, and i began to unwrap my straw so I could drink my lemon up. It wasn't until then that I realized that the individually wrapped straws I had so randomly received at the fair were not actually straws, but individually wrapped bottle rockets! I laughed and showed it to Joshua, who immediately wanted to shoot it off. I told him that it was illegal and that if we wanted to do that we would have to drive out of town a little ways, to which he said "You're boring" and turned to walk back into the hotel. I shrugged and looked down longingly at my lemon up, which was still waiting to be consumed.

At length, I reached my car and opened the trunk. I placed my bottle rocket inside so my hands could be free to remove whatever I would need to. At this point I became distinctly aware of a man standing directly behind my right shoulder. He grabbed my right elbow with his large left hand and pointed something directly at my head with the other. I stiffened. "Relax" he said in a rather gruff, intimidating voice. I shuffled quickly to the left and turned to the right to see who this strange figure was. I immediately recognized him as a police officer! And the object that he had pointed at my head was of course his flashlight, what else would it have been! Relieved to see it was not a rapist, I moved back to my original position and allowed him to point his flashlight at my head once more. He peered inside my trunk. "You've got nothing to hide" he said, releasing me from his grip. "Do you know why we have been watching you?" I shook my head. "Because you listen to Coheed and Cambria". At this point I vividly remembered reading in the newspaper about a young man who had killed several of his college classmates as a result of his excessive enthusiasm for Coheed and Cambria's music. "Um... I listen to like four songs by that band..."  I informed him, making it known by my tone that I thought this was the most ridiculous premise for an investigation seeing as there are countless others who also listen to Coheed and Cambria and most of them are a lot more avid listeners than I. We had a pleasant discussion about the band's music and what we did and didn't like about it. He informed me of the lyrics in the songs that the authorities were particularly wary of. I thought we bonded pretty well. Then I realized that all of my belongings had been loaded into the back of his GMC Safari. He said they still would have to go through my belongings down at the station. Then he asked me to help him close the back doors on his Safari because they  were having trouble. Of course I helped. Before he left I asked him what my family and I were supposed to do about food and clothing and stuff since they were essentially confiscating everything we owned. "I don't know..." he responded. I asked if we could just buy whatever we needed and get reimbursed by the government for it later. Sure... Let's go with that..." he said. I didn't buy it for one second.

Then I woke up. So idk if I ever got my stuff back, but it doesn't matter because I still have my car and my turtle which may or may not actually be my dog. Oh ya, and my family. I hope my dream tripped you out as much as it tripped me out! For now, my mom is getting on my back for being on the computer while everybody else is cleaning the house so I gotta go, especially because I am supposed to be picking up Max in an hour and a half. Peace out everybody! Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment