... are devilish creatures. The first seeks to torture you with visions of what will be, while the other ravages your mind with visions of what might have been. Yet at the same time, both are heaven-sent gifts. The first gives us ample understanding to prepare ourselves for the future, while the other allows us to see the flaws in our preparations for the future providing us a road map for "recurrence",one of the many unwritten laws of the universe. If we don't learn the lessons God wants us to learn the first time around, He will continue providing us with new situations in which to prove ourselves until we finally get it right. Sometimes the faces are the same, sometimes they are different, but no matter who they are, we have a choice to make. Do we allow our God given inspirations to fall by the wayside, or do we rise to the occasion and harness the infinite power of intelligence that God has promised us if we trust in Him?
I cannot tell you how many times I have been given glorious manifestations of understanding and insight by the all powerful Creator and cowardly allowed them to remain tucked away at the back of my mind out of fear or insecurity. Consequently, I have learned many things the hard way. I have fought and lost many battles. Yet God blesses me with knowledge from on high again, and again; always again. This time in the form of a memory. A thought. A feeling. A fragment of my past, held firmly upon my mind by the sheer weight of regret. I am given another chance. Clearly laid out before me are the missteps that led me down this road before. I am again faced with a choice. Do I make the firm decision to learn from this, or do I continue in weakness and bring upon myself defeat?
Recurrence once again reached out its hand to me in recent days. I espied it. I acknowledged it. It's spark revived a memory in me and as a result of my tortured hindsight, I was blessed with foresight. But again in shameful cowardice I chose to cast away the precious blessings of heaven and allow life to take its course. I ignored every sign that further proved to me what I had known from the beginning. So naturally it came as no surprise to me when everything played out exactly as I had envisioned. Once again, I had allowed recurrence to slip past me, incapable of harnessing my past experience as a means of fortification against the not so unknown.
In God's great mercy, I am given another chance. My heart weighs heavy with fears of what may come, but I know in whom I trust, and I know that from the depths of decay, new life is born. I have been given another chance at life. The hand of mercy has been extended to me once again and in faith and virtue, I will take it, and rejoice as I am lifted up by His hand to become more than I ever hoped to be. I know that I am nothing, but I know that with God I am powerful beyond measure! With Him I can do anything!
Bring it on recurrence! I am ready!
I cannot tell you how many times I have been given glorious manifestations of understanding and insight by the all powerful Creator and cowardly allowed them to remain tucked away at the back of my mind out of fear or insecurity. Consequently, I have learned many things the hard way. I have fought and lost many battles. Yet God blesses me with knowledge from on high again, and again; always again. This time in the form of a memory. A thought. A feeling. A fragment of my past, held firmly upon my mind by the sheer weight of regret. I am given another chance. Clearly laid out before me are the missteps that led me down this road before. I am again faced with a choice. Do I make the firm decision to learn from this, or do I continue in weakness and bring upon myself defeat?
Recurrence once again reached out its hand to me in recent days. I espied it. I acknowledged it. It's spark revived a memory in me and as a result of my tortured hindsight, I was blessed with foresight. But again in shameful cowardice I chose to cast away the precious blessings of heaven and allow life to take its course. I ignored every sign that further proved to me what I had known from the beginning. So naturally it came as no surprise to me when everything played out exactly as I had envisioned. Once again, I had allowed recurrence to slip past me, incapable of harnessing my past experience as a means of fortification against the not so unknown.
In God's great mercy, I am given another chance. My heart weighs heavy with fears of what may come, but I know in whom I trust, and I know that from the depths of decay, new life is born. I have been given another chance at life. The hand of mercy has been extended to me once again and in faith and virtue, I will take it, and rejoice as I am lifted up by His hand to become more than I ever hoped to be. I know that I am nothing, but I know that with God I am powerful beyond measure! With Him I can do anything!
Bring it on recurrence! I am ready!
You're pretty cool.
ReplyDeleteIt's cuz we have a swamp cooler in my house :)
ReplyDelete